One Piece Rise and Fall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO ONE PIECE: RISE & FALL

Greetings & welcome to One Piece Rise & Fall a place to climb to the top, make friends & sail the sea. You can take whichever path you choose from a life of justice to a life of piracy and anything in between. Have fun upon the deadly seas that await your arrival!
One Piece Rise & Fall News
New Site Design The site has had an upgrade in appearance please let us know of any glitches or problems you might discover due to the new design in the thread linked below! Linked Thread
Music Box

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 71 on May 15th 2019, 14:04

Intoxicated Silence

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Intoxicated Silence  - Page 3 Empty Re: Intoxicated Silence

Post by Deviant December 30th 2017, 03:26

With the naval soldiers rushing around like maniacs trying to not just sober themselves up but also find themselves a large bounty of weaponry & various other supplies, Captain John Carpenter found his arse the stool Jewels had been sitting on and whipped out his flask.

Enjoying himself a nice long drink, he heard the sounds of Commander Jewels getting to his feet and opened his eyes. Looking down John could see the Commander had opened his mouth to speak up.

Not ready for the shit he'd be about to spout John raised his hand signalling not yet. He decided he would finish this flask before he let the shit bag utter a single word.

Glug . . .

Glug . . .

Glug . . .

Finishing the flask, John lowered it and slipped it into his pocket sighing as he prepared himself for the words from Commander Jewels.

"Speak Commander . . . "

"Sir we came to the island to apprehend the three revolutionary commanders. Ahote was one of the underlings of the first Commander."

"And?"

"I don't really know if I'm honest. I thought you might've just come here to save us."

Rolling his eyes John had one question in his mind which he knew he'd have to ask.

"Right. And who is this Commander you're currently after?"

Intoxicated Silence  - Page 3 GijeLvg
WANTED
REATH'THE BRUTE' ENGLAND
Intoxicated Silence  - Page 3 0mvFA 37,009,000

Realizing just who the Commander meant, John gulped a little and nodded to himself taking on board just what this meant. He'd had a few run ins with the brute as he was named a couple of times in his past. But never been able to take the beast of a man down as he was very quick to make his escape at just the right time.

But now as it was time to take him down, John knew that the blows that they would come to today were going to be a nightmare just like every other time before.

"Right you are Commander. Assemble your forces and get your Intel together. We need to figure out not just where this brute of ours is, but the best plan of attack."

"Sir, why're you shaking?"

"When you come face to face with the brute you'll see why. He's a beast of a man I've come to blows with before numerous times."

Gulping the Commander nodded and got to his feet rubbing his sore face from the slap he'd received earlier. As the Commander got up and made his way off to control his team, John reached behind the bar for another drink only to pull out a full bottle of spiced rum.

Not his drink of choice, but it would do for the time being.

Opening the top he took a big swig before sliding the bottle into his blazer pocket.

Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

https://onepieceriseandfall.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric January 2nd 2018, 14:13

Vaetric looked around at the rushing naval soldiers, some of them even looked a little tipsy when going along their business. he couldn't help but sweat a little at the thought of the marines at HQ being drunk. When there's a conflict going on. Outside. Right near the mortars. What the heck? During his moment of utter confusion and disgust, he felt somethign heavy plop into his hands, alogn with the mop. He looked down, a gun. Giving a choreboy a gun? Really? They must be really, really desperate. Or just drunk.

Vaetric let out a huff. They even gave him bullets, it didn't feel right to him. The mop did, he couldn't quite understand why, but he just felt better with a mop, easier to swing, it's like a staff. The gun just felt like a chunk of wood and metal. He doubted he could even aim it right.

Well, maybe it's just a misunderstanding? If he walked over to where the Commander or Captain was, maybe they'd just order the gun out of his hands, and he could go back to cleaning. Or bludgeoning. Although, everyone else on the isladn had guns, so.. having just a mop was probably a deathwish, which he'd been on for goodness knows how long, cleaning a street that was gonna get dirty or blown up anyway any time. He walked over to where the most authoritive voice was coming from, they were talking about a brute or something, the leader of the rebels, maybe? He stood and waited, at worse, he'll just be annoyed by them ignoring him.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant January 2nd 2018, 17:44

"Do you have a last known residence or sighting of this brute on the island?" John asked the commander who nodded and gestured to one of his inferior soldiers.

Rushing over with a map and placing it down for all to see the soldier begun to speak about what he'd seen and learnt from watching the enemies actions.

"From what I've seen of the enemies the biggest gathering seems to be to the west of the island. The brute's last known residence originally had been a cave on the east side of the island near the shore. But since then we have often viewed trips back and forth between the two. But nothing has set in concrete. We have been unable to cover much ground on the western front but the east is a different story. The most any of have spotted is a few small camps with a slightly bigger force at the cave."

"So it seems he possibly has fingers in allot of pies or has been meeting with the other two commanders of this revolution."

The Commander looked to John and nodded.

"Well we have already figured out that one of the other commanders does take refugee in the western camp as for the last one we have no idea where he is."

"I see. Leave things with me and I will come up with a plan for us."

Noticing a young blonde haired boy uncomfortably holding a rifle near by John lowered his eyesight so he could see him more comfortably and raised an eyebrow a little confused.

He reached into his pocket and removed a flask which he took a sip from.

"Problem boy?" he asked.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric January 3rd 2018, 22:20

Vaetric stood awkwardly as he listened to the Marine intelligence. Hopefully they didn't figure him for a spy, or something. Though why would they? Then again.. He let out a small inward sigh as they spoke. Seems they were talking about a brute, which he guessed was a big name revolutionary, or such. As a choreboy, he didn't have to memorise the bounty list yet, thankfully. Although, then again, he did remember a Brute name, thirty million beli? They were dead. Better hope they noticed his gun and took it away, maybe he could pretend to be a civilian when all of the others were gone.
He jumped as the suited man spoke to him in his moment of thinking. "E-Eh?!" He squeaked, way higher than he wanted, if he ever wanted to make an exclamation at all. He cleared his throat. "Uh.. Well, Sir. I'm a Choreboy.. I shouldn't be uh.. Using a gun, I haven't been trained in it." He said, thoguh it was a little bit of a lie, he'd have some amount of training, and he definitely wouldn't somehow shoot himself in the process, but still, he WAS a choreboy. "So.. I shouldn't be using it, right?" He asked, glancing around, putting the rifle between them, that it may be taken away.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant January 7th 2018, 15:20

Looking down at the Choreboy who claimed because of his occupation he didn't need the gun nor had he been trained with how to use it, John rolled his eyes before giving a reply.

"As part of the Naval core you take on the mantel of protecting everyone. Regardless of rank should a commanding officer issue you with weapons in a situation of such desperation one should not as such question it, but take it on aboard as a sign that there is either great faith entrusted in you or the situation really is that desperate we need all hands on deck. So in short you should keep the rifle in hand and not question its place by your side."

A FEW HOURS LATER . . .

Captain John Carpenter & Commander Jewels had taken time to sit down and assess their situation but also understand the full extent of their would be assault on the commanders of this revolution.

They had come up with a plan and as things had come about, it seemed the commanders wouldn't all be staying on the island and some would need to be worked towards faster than others due to their seemingly hectic schedules from what had been viewed via recon missions.

Concocting plans during the hours it took the soldiers to sober up John's plan was ready to be set into action. Taking a stand before the team of surviving Marines who'd sobered up the plan was as follows.

"I hope you lot have sobered up because we have a plan ready to put into action and you will need to be at your very best.
First rule of business, make sure you're weapons are all ready to go and properly functioning. Second order of business, I hope you have all stopped drinking and not done so for the last few hours since I turned up. Thirdly Commander Jewels has a list of names of people who will be part of our plan of attack and the team we will be splitting into.
"

Holding up a list and taking John's position standing before the team as he stepped down to take a swig from his flask Commander Jewels spoke up.

"Joining Captain John Carpenter will be the following:
Ensign Brook Higgins, Warrant Officer Hiro Wolfe, Warrant Officer Eustass Locke & Choreboy Epoch Vaetric. As for the rest of you we have the big job of performing a large scale assault of the camp to the west.
We have been informed from recon missions the commander is planning on leaving soon and we do not know when he will be back if at all nor do we know where he is headed so this is our best chance to size control of his barracks as well as capture him.
"

Nodding in agreement with Commander Jewels, John got to his feet and walked behind the bar to grab a bottle of whiskey and empty it into his flask. Once he was done he stepped back in front of the Commander and spoke up.

"Be ready in the next five minutes We all have long journeys ahead of us, everyone in my team, meet me outside the front in two minutes."

With his final closing speech over John headed out through the front door made himself comfortable on a fence to wait for his team to show up.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric January 14th 2018, 22:53

Vaetric slowly blinks as the Commander gave his little speech. Seems he won't be getting out of it after all. Yes, he was part of the Navel Core, no, he didn't have the mantle of protecting people, as he was a Choreboy, meaning, he was supposed to clean things and the like, not kill things and the like. He suppressed a sigh, seems he'd have to practice his aim while he could, maybe if he survived being shot at and didn't die, he'd go back to the safer job.

Which is precisely what he did for a few hours, for some reason the soldiers were drunk. Despite there being a war going on a few minutes or so away. Were they stupid?

He lined up with the rest of the marines awkwardly, listening. he was sure his rifle was up to scratch. He hoped. He indeed hadn't touched a drink, he didn't really like alcohol anyway. He soon heard his name in the list, apparently he was with a few people, at least he didn't have to be part of the large scale assault, though he was with a fair few of the leadership, or, the officers. And an ensign. And the Captain.

Once everyone started moving, he allowed himself that sigh that had been building up for a while, then walked outside, he had two minutes, but he was going there anyway, may as well rest near the fence, not quite next to the Captain, but in that general area, staying quiet as he held onto the gun. He had some ammo as well, in a pouch.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant January 16th 2018, 02:57

Standing outside the building John Carpenter had managed to pull together a few supplies and load them on to a cart. The supplies would aid them in their attack on the west and keep the team on their feet and ready to keep moving. The key component being alcohol for when he ran out.

Waiting patiently John ran his plan through his head a couple of times trying to figure out if this really was the best plan of action, but looking at the way things had unfolded, there really was no other way things could've come about.

He noticed how Vaetric the chore boy arrived two minutes early who was followed afterwards by Higgins, Wolfe & Locke. Nodding to each of them men John revealed the supplies to them.

"Alright, it's time for us to move on out. I've packed some supplies for us from food to drink and even some ammunition should we need more. The first two pulling the cart will be Higgins & Epoch. So get in position we've a long journey ahead of us."

Turning and heading from the building John started to lead the way mentally preparing himself for a confrontation with the Brute.

Hearing his name called out Higgins sighed and turned to the cart. He was a large man with a bigger torso than legs, meaty fists and a thick chinstrap of dirty blonde hair and a naval cap on. He gripped one set of ropes and looked towards Vaetric waiting for him.

"This way we're going to be exhausted by the time we arrive to take down the beast!"

As for Wolfe & Locke the two of them begun to exchange laughter and head on ahead of Vaetric & Higgins following after John ready to shoot some revolutionaries and put their mark on this island and the bounty that would belong to the Brute.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric January 21st 2018, 23:20

Vaetric waited for the others, keeping to himself mostly, inspecting his weapon and keeping his sighs inward, lest the Captain or Commander or whoever questioned him on it. Really, if they were going to have a special assignment, why take him? Oh well, he could only hope for a painless death, though not likely. Eventually, the others made their way to the group. He slowly blinked as he heard his first part of the mission.

Pulling a cart.

Great.

Forcing yet another sigh down that almost burst his lungs, he quietly walked over to the cart. Ah, that must be why he was there, his lower body strength, maybe. He hated it when people made fun of that, then again, maybe he was just being used as fodder,  if him and HIggins did all of the work, then the other two could reserve their strength. It made sense, it was sound, yes. But he didn't have to like it. He clenched his jaw as he took the rope, getting ready to pull, even as Wolfe and Locke began to laugh.

He didn't quite think it was funny.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant January 22nd 2018, 04:24

Intoxicated Silence  - Page 3 JYawZHW
Intoxicated Silence  - Page 3 Lc2y67E

John wasn't keen on hearing the laughter which erupted from Locke & Wolfe to which he quickly at that point spun round on his heel and dealt a strong winding blow to their guts. Winding both of them instantly and sending them stumbling backwards a little, John opened his mouth to speak.

"Don't count yourselves so lucky as you're not pulling the cart first, you'll have your turn in good time lads. But we're a unit now and you'll do well to work as one and support each other."

Turning back on his heel to face the direction their journey would take them John continued his swift march onwards ready for whatever would come his way.

Mean whilst Locke sat up clutching his pain guts and Wolfe still lay on the floor in such pain. The blow had been much greater than they'd ever imagined, the only thing which made it all worse was the surprise of which Carpenter had as an advantage over the two of them.

Noticing the pained duo on the floor Higgins shook his head at them as the cart drew closer.

"Seems Captain wants us to be respectful one another. You two should've known better if I'm being honest."

Turning to face Epoch, Higgins gestured ahead towards John Carpenter.

"C'mon Epoch, lets see if we can keep up with Captain. Someday I want to be as strong as he is. Rumour has it he used to pull one of these by himself for miles."

Picking up the pace on his end Higgins very quickly started to sweat, but he seemed more than ready to sweat many more buckets worth just to match his current leading officer in this naval mission of his to bring down the brute.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric January 23rd 2018, 00:47

Vaetric glanced at the two as they doubled backward, having been punched by the new Captain. Or Commander. Leader? Either way, he was somewhat relieved to find that he'll only be worked half to death, rather than find himself at the pearly gates by the end of it, how lovely. He sprouted his gotta get along together small speech, then tujrned to where they were supposed to go.

Vaetric kept the rope over his shoulder for now, changing constantly due to the pain of his previously unworked flesh. Apparently it was good exercise, maybe it wasn't. Either way, he could feel his thighs burning already.

Higgins spoke some things about the Captain. Vaetric hadn't even heard of him until he showed up out of the blue. "Uh huh?" He asked. Well, he could've said that better. "Oh? How interesting, please do say more." Would've been more diplomatic, probably. He could feel his brain siezing up in pain due to the internal torment of his embarassment.

Vaetric had to go to his happy place a fair few times during the journey. It was then that he realised he had no happy place, just a void where he could go to and watch the world around him in his head, his eyes the window. he could only feel his exhaustion through a hazy fog, which was nice, all he had to do was just keep mindlessly pushing forward, then he could reap the reprecussions afterward, which'll suck. He glanced to his side, bad mistake, it brought everything he'd been ignoring, his arms and legs felt ready to fall off. He had a bit of sweat on his brow, which was strange, because Higgins looked like he had an ocean glistening on him. Well, he never really did sweat all that much. Back to mindlessly pulling.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum