One Piece Rise and Fall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO ONE PIECE: RISE & FALL

Greetings & welcome to One Piece Rise & Fall a place to climb to the top, make friends & sail the sea. You can take whichever path you choose from a life of justice to a life of piracy and anything in between. Have fun upon the deadly seas that await your arrival!
One Piece Rise & Fall News
New Site Design The site has had an upgrade in appearance please let us know of any glitches or problems you might discover due to the new design in the thread linked below! Linked Thread
Music Box

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 71 on May 15th 2019, 14:04

[FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas - Page 2 Empty Re: [FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas

Post by Deviant March 10th 2018, 23:16

Feeling the soft touch of Marla upon his fingers, Colton helped her to her feet. As a marine it was his duty to serve civilians, but as a general all round half decent person it was just the kind thing to do. As the lady mentioned her name was Marla she appeared a little shaken by a stutter which was understandable given her current situation in which some guy had tried mugging her. He couldn't quite say he felt bad for her though. Not because he was distanced from the situation with exception from the final confrontation, but because he didn't really know all the details. But regardless when one comes at another with malicious intent or looks as if he does it's easy to tell apart who the victim is and who the aggressor is.

Smiling back at Marla as she thanked him and apologised for bumping into him earlier, Colton thought to himself about the person he'd seen earlier and wondered if Marla had seen where they had headed. Trying to remember any little detail about them Colton was pulling out blanks. He could remember a trench coat, but that could just as easily be a cape.

"It's no problem. This might sound a little strange, but you haven't happened to see a gentleman running around these alleyways in a trench coat or a cape have you?"

Questioning Marla he understood how peculiar this question may come across but genuinely felt as if there were something to investigate with this gentleman as innocent people didn't run and why was there a chunk of art missing from the wall. Unable to fully figure out what was going on, Colton hoped he could find some answers and figure it out.

Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

https://onepieceriseandfall.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 11th 2018, 00:52

Mishi hid her other, crystalised hand with her sleeve, and behind her back. Although, he could see it as a little shady, so she just relaxed her shoulder joint to keep it out, before eventually just dismissing the crystal. With this guy maybe she wouldn't even need it anyway. The guy looked a little apathetic, which she wasn't sure if was a positive or negative point. She retrieved her other hand from his own and brushed herself off. At least it wasn't another bonehead like Takao.

"Eh? A trenchcoat? Nope, but there can be all kinda.. Shady people around here, if you catch my drift."" She replies, maybe she could gauge his moral standpoint. "Do you know this person?" She asked, maybe she could get a she-scratches-his-back-he-scratches-hers deal, if she could find this person. Or just stay back and let him find it, then claim she was helping. That'll do. She needed a wide hat for this kind of place. And a cold drink. A really cold drink. With ice. "Which way did he go, also?" She continued. "These alleyways can get rather.. Winding."
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 12th 2018, 11:33

With the sun blazing high in the sky Colton could feel balls of sweat rolling down his forehead and had started considering a trip to the closest bar to quench his thirst. It's what he should be doing on a holiday anyway. As Marla spoke about the guy he'd mentioned Colton realised he didn't really know where they had gone at all.

Shaking his head in response to her question Colton realised he was coming across as rather useless to a degree.

"I've no idea where they were headed, but in this heat I imagine they'd be pretty easy to spot. Speaking of which fancy getting a drink? I'm dying of thirst over here."

Deciding to put this mysterious trench coat wearing psycho on the back burner Colton decided it was time he got himself a drink and if Marla would join him it could at least make his holiday a little more interesting as it wasn't everyday you got to meet someone new.

As she'd spoke about the place being shady this made Colton smirk. It wasn't like he didn't already know that being in the marines, but if anything should happen he'd be more than ready for it. The logia he had made dealing with things like this pretty easy. It was more of an effort thing that he struggled with.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 12th 2018, 21:09

Colton had started to sweat too, she noticed. This place really was horrible. Needs more shade, more clouds, more rain, more cold winds. She didn't like the rediculous cold during the nights, she didn't like the rediculous heat during the days. Last time she was here she nearly fainted. Or maybe she did, but didn't notice. She took out a handkerchief and dabbed it on her forehead. Good thing she brought sunscreen, anyway, so no long term effects should be had.

"No idea, huh? Hrmmh." She looked him up and down. Well, the least of what she could get was a free drink, hopefully. Probably not, he didn't look like the chivilrous type, but maybe he'd surprise her. Though she was running out of excuses other than interest to follow him around, so maybe she should just wait for any opportunity to arise. The sun burnt out her desire to do business at the moment anyway.

He began to smirk, and she wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe he could be luring her into a trap. Maybe he could be a shady type. Maybe he could be a marine, thinking about how he was going to imprison everyone here. Maybe he could have a facial disorder. Either way, it looked creepy, but not enough to make her want to pass a drink. "Alright, then. Know of any place in particular? And what brings you round here anyway?" She asks, looking around, then walking in a direction, or following him, either way they should get moving before other muggers find their way around.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 12th 2018, 22:13

Nodding in agreement to a drink with Marla the lazy marine on holiday led the way towards the inner town. A drink sounded good and what sounded better was the idea of getting out of the raging heat. Reaching into his pocket Colton searched for a couple coins to see if he could actually pay for a couple drinks for the two of them.

Making his way out of the alleyway and to what seemed to be an open circle full of bars and taverns Colton looked towards Marla as she questioned what brought him here.

"I'm on holiday. You?"

Gesturing towards the bars before them Colton let Marla pick which one she'd like to get a drink from. It was the more gentlemanly thing to do, but at the same time it was just nice.

"You can pick where to grab a drink."

All Colton was hoping was for it not to be too expensive as he only had a little bit of money. He thought about pulling the old marine card, but for what purpose did his marine credentials qualify for two alcoholic beverages for free?
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 12th 2018, 22:38

Mishi walked with him. He was noticeably slower than her usual walking speed, whether that be through weakness or he's just generally slow would have to be gauged at a later date. Sometimes the alleyway offered protection from the sun, sometimes it revealed its malignant rays. her outfit was actually getting a little uncomfortable due to it. At the end of the day, she'll be needing a nice bath. Or shower. Depends on how bad the water shortages are at this time of year.

He said he was on holiday. She supposed that meant he wasn't a permanent resident here. Or one on business. Then again, it was only him saying it. But it also meant he had the cash to be on one. Though apparently short on it from a quick glance at him counting his coins. Looked meagre, good thing she was a cheapskate. "Picked an.. Interesting place for a holiday. Like the sun?" She asks, scanning around for her favourite bar. Ah, there it was.

"Over there, the drinks are good for their pricing, they're cold too." She chirps. Of course, the main reason why it was cheap were due to.. Underground benefits. Certain easiness in gaining wares. Of a shady sort. They were all stolen, mostly. Fenced off. About the only legal thing about it was the ice and even that's debatable. Good thing she still knew the signal for a discount. She walked toward it, beckoning Colton.

"Fun Under the Sun" was its name. Bright, colourful, and had a kids playpen. It wasn't just a bar either, it also served food, though she wasn't quite that hungry, so she moved to sit on the counter. "On holiday, hum? What do you do for a living?" She asks, relieved to be rid of the oppressive heat. The establishment was under solid wood, and had an ingenious heat-venting system comprised of glass bottles in the walls which did something she couldn't really be bothered to remember. Drinking parts were on the outside, made the wind somewhat more bearable. She flashed a hand sign to the bar people as they glanced toward her and Colton, signifying for discounts, then turning back to Colton.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 13th 2018, 00:27

Fun under the sun that was ironic Colton thought to himself as he glanced at the bar's name and followed the pink haired lady known as Marla under the shade. It was nice to be out of it's warm glow and finally beneath the wondrous shade the roof provided. He could hear the sounds of children and the scent of steaks, chips, eggs & bacon swiftly found their way towards his nostrils.

It all smelt good, but this wasn't a time for eating and Colton wasn't all too hungry just yet. As Marla took up a seat Colton sat beside her on a bar stool and snatched up a drink's menu quickly which he begun to flick through.

More questions came from Marla which caused him to stop looking at the menu and raise his eyes. Looking back at her he responded.

"I work in protection. What about yourself?"

Returning his gaze towards the drink's menu Colton spotted a nice little deal on cocktails and it was just within his budget. Turning to the bar tender he quickly pointed to the deal and the two drinks he wanted then slid the menu over towards Marla so she too could order herself a drink or two.

Quickly taking the surroundings in Colton spotted a few things which he'd keep in mind. He was still on holiday so none of it really mattered or bothered him as much as things would normally. But regardless he'd make note.

This place was full of criminal scum!
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 13th 2018, 11:10

The heat the smell of food felt somewhat sickly to her at the moment, the heat ruined any appetite she may have had. She was however fairly parched. The staff as usual wore red valet clothes which she couldn't really understand given this heat, then again it WAS a twenty-four hour business so they must be grateful for it during the cold nights. They seemed fairly used to the heat anyway, barely a trinkle on their tanned skin. Mishi found herself sidetracked, and glanced back toward Colton, whom was reading the drinks menu.

So, he worked in protection. She wondered if he was looking to be hired, then again, he was on holiday, so he probably already had a job. Bank security guard? Hired muscle? Bodyguard? She wondered how easy things would get it she had a logia looking out for her. The only problem is how hard it'd be to use him as a meatshield, bullets may just go straight through him, damn it. She found the menu slid her way, to which she accepted, using that as an excuse to think, seeing as how she already knew what she wanted.

"Me? I'm a trader." She said smoothly, she wasn't lying, of course. The things she traded were just illegally procured. "Move from island to island, buying and selling." She continued, "You can get some pretty neat claywork here, as well as some particular hides and vegetation." Or more specifically, the cacti here was a hallucinogen that sold high as heck in some particularly downtrodden islands, the only problem was its expense, to which it was easier and cheaper just to get it on the black market. She then ordered her drink, a Hurricane, which had rum, fruit juice and syrup. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed someone walking in their direction, a man whom she had business dealings in the past. Johnny fingers, bounty 50,000, probably had more wares or wanted to catch up. She gave a slight warning frown, and subtly gestured him to move on for now. Hopefully her new aquaintance didn't notice.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 13th 2018, 17:27

"A trader. Huh, that must be an interesting line of work. Not got anything good to trade on you now have you?" Colton questioned as his cocktails were slid over the bar towards him. One a Lion's Lullaby which was blue at the bottom changing to yellow and finally orange with ice at the top and jelly sweets in the crushed ice whilst the second was a Horny Stag a brown concoction which had a green tinge on the top and a small black stag figurine sitting on the edge of the glass.

The smell of the white rum in the stag was strong, but Colton was sure it'd be nice. Taking a first taste he was surprised at how well the combination had worked and continued till he finished it. He hadn't noticed many of the people around him but his eyes did keep focusing on one or two who seemed familiar, the problem was he couldn't remember as to why. They may have been on bounty posters, at parties, been marines or they may have even been ordinary people he'd never met before. Regardless he had to keep telling himself he was on holiday.

"This is really, really good. Bar tender here's done a fantastic job with this drink." Colton blurted out feeling the need to give his dues to the bar tender who was clearly a master at his craft. Marla had picked a good bar to visit. Not only was it a bar where the drinks tasted as good as they looked, but it was also the perfect spot to chill in the shade and watch the man in the trench coat conversing with the one person here he did recognise.

Wyatt Frye?
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 13th 2018, 21:00

"Mmmhm, I get to go to new places, meet new people, and so forth and such." Mishi says, awaiting her drink, which wasn't for very long, as usual. The special handsign also gave time priviledge, which you'd have to have been a customer for a fair while t o get. Not to mention the 35% discount on drinks. Only 20% on food, however.  Hers, a hurricane, was red at the bottom, slowly changing to yellow at the top. Rather pretty, and came in a large quantity glass, which was always good, except when she had to watch her weight, which really, she never had to. She hopes to never have to, anyway. Hers smelt of rum of course, but it had just as much of a fruity smell. She took a draft, the syrup usually ended up on the bottom, thus that was the most delicious part.

"Right?" She grins at Colton, then taking another gulp. She took a look around. Johnny Fingers, who'd gone off elsewhere at her anti-beckoning. Tim Eric, bounty.. She couldn't remember. She didn't have to remember their bounties anyway, not that she wanted to fight them. "As for wares.." She says, opening her jacket to reveal a bunch of items, from log poses to gems of various types, and even a jeweled brush "That's just a a bit of it, don't have the rest on me. You want it, I've got it most likely, if I don't have it, I'll buy it. ..I don't have most of my wares on me, though." It was somewhat relieving to have the wind breeze against her shirt. She was half tempted to take it off, but unfortunately it was white. She was somewhat sweaty due to the heat. It was not a good combination. After giving him enough of a look at her wares, she closed her jacket, returning to the drink.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum