One Piece Rise and Fall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO ONE PIECE: RISE & FALL

Greetings & welcome to One Piece Rise & Fall a place to climb to the top, make friends & sail the sea. You can take whichever path you choose from a life of justice to a life of piracy and anything in between. Have fun upon the deadly seas that await your arrival!
One Piece Rise & Fall News
New Site Design The site has had an upgrade in appearance please let us know of any glitches or problems you might discover due to the new design in the thread linked below! Linked Thread
Music Box

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 71 on May 15th 2019, 14:04

Black "Scrapper" Jack

2 posters

Go down

Approved Black "Scrapper" Jack

Post by Boxer August 6th 2016, 10:54

General Information

"Let's get one thing straight, you ain't me."

Black "Scrapper" Jack W1k5sfX

Name: Black Jack
Epithet: Scrapper
Birthplace: West Blue
Species: Human
Orientation: Right-Handed
Crew: N/A
Ship: A "sloop" boat.
Bounty: Black "Scrapper" Jack 0mvFA0
Crimes Committed: Numerous Petty Theft and Physical Assault Charges [Absolved]
Allegiance: Himself
Dream(s)

• To become a “Ranked” fighter. 

• To show just how strong a boxer can be by using only boxing. 

• To fight strong foes, though not wishing to become “the strongest” only enjoying the fight.

Character Information

"Like the fro? I pick it everyday, and twice on Sunday!"

Flag: None.

Appearance: Black has a black afro upon his head, has a beard and mustache with sideburns and coal black eyes. Dark skin, and various nicks upon his bodily form. He holds a very athletic build, having large pronounced pectorals and abs on his upper body. He's not as tall as most, being a 5"10' but has above average arms, which is a selling point of his combat style. 

He travels around shirtless usually, only wearing a jacket in cooler places that have to do with storms and snow as their natural climate cycle at the time. He wears long baggy pants as his standard outfit, and shorts in the tropics with a bellyband over them which also acts as a belt. The bellyband is grey while the pants are black. 

Instead of shoes he makes it a point to place durable wraps around his feet. The same wraps he wears upon his hands. If in a warmer or colder place, he wears sandals so that his feet don't get hot or cold, which are pretty cheap and made of a flexible material.

Personality: Black is simple, yet clear. When doing something, he takes the straight path in performing it, even if there is a faster way to get something done, as he believes that hard work and effort is the answer to most problems. Often very sure of himself, this can border on overconfidence such as believing, that "boxing" is the strongest combat style of all, which could be wrong or right, or even to things like cooking, or navigating. He's always up for a challenge, and is happy to help civilians with their troubles, being a mostly kind-hearted person despite his arrogant nature. 

He loves to spar, and run, thus he has strong legs and is into things like parkour and finesse. Often he sees people who aren't athletic or gifted in the same things as boring, and those who don't like action to be the same. He isn't very book smart, though has developed enough knowledge to survive due to his experiences in his youth yet has always been a quick learner. Believing that every challenge allows him to surpass a little of himself, he is something of a hot-blooded individual and always burns with passion, having a strong will to boot.

He dislikes companionship though, which is ironic considering his outgoing nature, because he doesn't trust mot people. Even those he considers "friends" are associates as he thinks people slow him down from his true dream and thus are obstacles in his path, which makes him turn people away if they wish to be his friend. This is because the years of being turned down and tricked by people on his own advances, and though he will talk to people as a "friendly" person, he usually doesn't see many as "friends" or "companions" because of this.

Black has a thing for proportional bodies (large boobs and hips), and loves to watch them or meet girls with them. Though he's a pervert in that regard, usually his objective isn't to seduce them, only liking to imprint the memory in his thoughts, which can be quite strange at times. His attitude is that of recklessness, taking on any challenge that comes before him comes with the price of not thinking ahead of the game and he is often known for doing things by himself discouraging "teamwork", and is more involved with self-promotion and gaining his own strength.

He doesn't have much trouble with pirates, nor marines. What he really wants is to prove the strength of "Boxing", but needs funds to gain the ability to travel, and along the way, defeat the big names of the World. He is a decisive person, actively going head-on into a situation with little way of changing directions. His style of thought is direct and straightforward. When he fights, he's always serious, rarely holding back against anyone, even if they are for all intents and purposes "normal" though he won't cause fights against normal people.

Character History

"Been through a lot of crap, it's not going to get peaceful now..."

Background
Black was born to a family of 10 siblings, which he was the runt of the litter. At six years old, due to his mother and father's gambling problems, and his siblings already being able to join in the workforce, he was kicked out of the household due to not being able to contribute to it. He was their last son, and cruelly thought he was useless and because of this his life was made to become more inclined to criminal activities.

Growing up on the streets of a large island, rarely did he see his family, though some of his siblings came to visit him in places that were unseemly, ultimately, he was alone. Thus he had to fend for himself. He states he got into a lot of fights, stole a lot, yet he never killed anyone to survive and sometimes got hand-outs from people due to his “cuteness”.

At ten, he was found by a former boxer, turned fisherman named Cougar Jackson who decided to take him in after Black tried to steal from him and due to his quick feet which he was astonished by. Seeing such talent, he decided to make him a surrogate son, telling Black that his son had died due to piracy years ago, and that he was in need of a little “idiot” to help him around. Cougar taught him how to fight so he could defend himself better.

Black got older of course, he got into a lot of fights, and was known for his scrappiness and rather large afro which was a hallmark to his self-image as a tough guy and was named “Scrapper” by the people of the island. In his teenager years, this led to run-ins with marines, and the law of the island, to which he spent time in jail for his issues. Yet due to Cougar’s respect, was let off a few times. He and Cougar often fought one another, Cougar always won, due to his secret history as a “XXX” Ranked Boxer which he wanted to move away from as he got tired of it and instead changed his identity (his name was Cougar “Hermes” Mercury, a legendary fighter.

In his late teenage years, Black had began to mellow out and become more respectable as a person. But still was his scrappy and quick-to-trigger self. However, once hearing about the “Rank” system of the world, where fighters could become well-recognized and strong, Black had decided he wished to become a “Ranker” himself. Cougar angered at his wish had decided to stop teaching him how to box, due to the cruelness that the world had to offer to him should he choose to do such a thing. That didn’t stop Black from training himself.

Black had decided to leave the island after a year's time, telling Cougar thanks for what he’d done for him. But not before Cougar talked to him about his past. Telling him that he had to “throw a fight” against a high-profile fighter. Cougar didn’t listen, and said enemies killed his son for it. Black told Cougar that he still wanted to do it regardless, that Cougar had ran away from his dream all those years ago. He leaves with that information, a year later, Cougar also leaves the island unknown to Black. Black slowly begins to make a name for himself as a Bounty Hunter.

Abilities:
H2H - Black fights in strict hand-to-hand combat. He is a very skilled boxer, and is traveling around the world to understand different types of fighting styles that he may need to fight and defend against. That being said, his combat style is wholly offensive and straightforward. He specializes in the heavy-hitting, high-speed striking type of combat.

Quick-Learning - He can learn things for survival and such relatively quickly, though he will never be a "master" of said arts as he strictly focuses on his H2H skills, they are good enough to get him by despite his lack of high-end intellect and is very street smart.

Parkour - Black's natural agility allows him to use this type of movement capacity on a whim. He's fast, has a powerfully athletic body, it's unpracticed, yet natural due to his straightforwardness.

Inventory

"xxx"

Weapon

Weapon Description

Weapon Special Abilities

Weapon History

Devil Fruit Information
"xxx"

Devil Fruit Name
Devil Fruit Type
Devil Fruit Mastery Level:
Devil Fruit Abilities
Devil Fruit Weaknesses

Combat Information

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!"

Black "Scrapper" Jack JVAjHV6

Unarmed Combat:
Boxing - Boxing is an art that's often taken for granted, and at times for good reason. Users of the fighting style only fight with their fists and arms, so lower body combat is almost non-existent, that is, if it wasn't for the focus on footwork, and torque to bring out the best in the martial art. Black's focus is on the "nitty-gritty" fighting rather than the competitive, spectacle side that's shown, which leaves him a lot more leeway in terms of beating the crap out of people. He's known for his focus on the basics, the fundamentals, the movements and the ideals of how to fight without making yourself look like a full course moron. So when he fights, one-two blasters, dangerous hooks and heavy uppercuts are what people should be wary of as they always come out fast, and heavy! 

With boxing, the legs are pivotal to using it in combat, so never forget, take the legs and you take the fighters ability to fight. Not only that, the user needs a foothold, so twisting and turning won't be a bust, as rotating the hips into more powerful strikes is certainly a key to bringing it down. If one only specializes in boxing, they only use their arms and fists in combat, thus it's a fairly predictable tactic without feints and or a speed advantage. (There are 6 Levels for each trait, the one's in use are highlighted in bold.)

• Speed  - How fast Black can move with his natural reflexes, footwork and the speed of his punches.

Speed:

• Power - How strong Black is and how much force his punches can produce when they hit.

Power:

Weapon Based Combat:
xxx

Haki:
xxx
Boxer

Back to top Go down

Approved Re: Black "Scrapper" Jack

Post by Deviant August 6th 2016, 21:11

Edits
• I have one question about this character app and that is mainly to do with the techniques can you please explain to me how you plan to use these levels?
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

https://onepieceriseandfall.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxer August 7th 2016, 02:59

He doesn't use techniques, he just fights his opponents full force with his knowledge of combat skills and they will either win or lose because of that, but in One Piece you don't have to name techniques to produce abilities, multiple characters don't use techniques. Mihawk and Whitebeard are primary examples.
Boxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant August 7th 2016, 09:20

I understand that, but my question is what is the purpose of writing down the levels? Are they the levels this character is currently at and the stronger & faster they get the higher levels they will be able to use or does he just have access to all levels instantly?
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxer August 7th 2016, 20:47

I mean I said I'd bold the level he currently is on, and I did...

Actually, I don't even need two different levels since he trains his strength and speed equally, as he's basically a fast-moving heavy hitter who focuses on CQC.
Boxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant August 8th 2016, 00:02

Approved
Unless stated otherwise
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down