One Piece Rise and Fall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO ONE PIECE: RISE & FALL

Greetings & welcome to One Piece Rise & Fall a place to climb to the top, make friends & sail the sea. You can take whichever path you choose from a life of justice to a life of piracy and anything in between. Have fun upon the deadly seas that await your arrival!
One Piece Rise & Fall News
New Site Design The site has had an upgrade in appearance please let us know of any glitches or problems you might discover due to the new design in the thread linked below! Linked Thread
Music Box

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 71 on May 15th 2019, 14:04

[FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas

2 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas - Page 3 Empty Re: [FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas

Post by Vaetric March 13th 2018, 21:00

"Mmmhm, I get to go to new places, meet new people, and so forth and such." Mishi says, awaiting her drink, which wasn't for very long, as usual. The special handsign also gave time priviledge, which you'd have to have been a customer for a fair while t o get. Not to mention the 35% discount on drinks. Only 20% on food, however.  Hers, a hurricane, was red at the bottom, slowly changing to yellow at the top. Rather pretty, and came in a large quantity glass, which was always good, except when she had to watch her weight, which really, she never had to. She hopes to never have to, anyway. Hers smelt of rum of course, but it had just as much of a fruity smell. She took a draft, the syrup usually ended up on the bottom, thus that was the most delicious part.

"Right?" She grins at Colton, then taking another gulp. She took a look around. Johnny Fingers, who'd gone off elsewhere at her anti-beckoning. Tim Eric, bounty.. She couldn't remember. She didn't have to remember their bounties anyway, not that she wanted to fight them. "As for wares.." She says, opening her jacket to reveal a bunch of items, from log poses to gems of various types, and even a jeweled brush "That's just a a bit of it, don't have the rest on me. You want it, I've got it most likely, if I don't have it, I'll buy it. ..I don't have most of my wares on me, though." It was somewhat relieving to have the wind breeze against her shirt. She was half tempted to take it off, but unfortunately it was white. She was somewhat sweaty due to the heat. It was not a good combination. After giving him enough of a look at her wares, she closed her jacket, returning to the drink.

Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 14th 2018, 01:59

Watching as Marla opened her jacket and revealed the numerous items she had or sale and continued to talk about what else she could get hold of Colton raised an eyebrow. Thinking about what he may want to one day get his hands on Colton decided to keep this trick for another day. He figured if she could get it that she'd be an invaluable ally to himself. A broker of sorts.

"I'll keep that mind if I ever need any black market items." Colton replied. From seeing the contents of Marla's jacket and putting two and two together about the location, the prices of the drinks from how much they were to how much Marla paid and the fact that he could recognise almost all of the faces here despite not knowing who they were. It was pretty clear she'd been here before and these were all crooks.

Shrugging this off he figured he was on holiday and thus this was none of his concern. He should just keep quiet about being a Marine. Keeping his eyes trained on the man in the trench coat Colton placed down the empty glass of his horny stag and lifted the lion's lullaby. Slipping the jelly sweet into his mouth Colton started sipping on his drink.

He was curious as to who the man in the trench coat was and why he'd been running earlier in the alleyway. But he had to keep telling himself that he wasn't here to work, just enjoy his holiday. This is when a thought came passing by which Colton realised would take his mind off of work.

"You can get anything right? How about an acoustic guitar?
I've always wanted to learn how to play.
"
he asked Marla hoping she'd be able to provide. However seeing as he had little to no money he had a plan. "I don't have the money to pay for one, however in exchange I'll offer my services to you. Sound fair?"
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

https://onepieceriseandfall.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 14th 2018, 14:53

Well, at least he didn't notice the state of her clothing. Stupid sweat. Business minded only, that's good. He inspected her wares, then she closed them off. Of course, she kept most of her stuff hidden away, she only kept stuff she could carry on her. She then sweatdropped at his words. "I-It's entirely legal!" She blurts, then clears her throat, calming herself, taking another sip of her drink. "I mean, I'm a perfectly honest trader, these aren't black market. I swear." She states. Maybe a little too forcefully.

She could've handled that better. She continued to drink silently with him. He looked like he was staring at a pair of people, a man in a trenchcoat. Was that the guy he was looking out for? Why was he looking out for him?

She then heard his request. She slowly blinked. "A.. Guitar?" She asks, before frowning. That did strike a bell, she must've gotten one at some point, maybe. She'd have to check her storepile. Although he didn't have much money, apparently. Did he spend it all getting here, or something? How's he supposed to enjoy a holiday with no money in a place hot as this? Although, it did present an opportunity. "Hrmmh.. I suppose I could do with a favour or two from someone in the.. Protection industry, wherever that is." She says, then nodding. "Deal, then. Your services and a favour, I get you a guitar, first we'll check my stockpile, though." She says, aiming to finish off the rest of her hurricane, then getting ready to get up.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 14th 2018, 20:03

As Marla mentioned about how she was working in a perfectly legal business Colton smirked chuckling to himself a little bit. He could spot a lie and this was a grade A lie. Looking past this and listening to her continue to speak about checking her stockpile Colton nodded at this. He was more than happy to go with her and check the stock pile. But it had to be a cool looking guitar, not some lame looking one or a bass guitar.

An acoustic one.

Offering his hand to her as she mentioned it being a deal Colton replied to her.

"Deal it is. but it's got to be an acoustic guitar. One that looks good. Not some ugly looking thing."

Colton did wander what sort of protection work he'd be doing and what sort of crooks he'd be defending her against, but he wasn't about to question too much unless they were marines. In that case he'd have to cover his face and rely on his hand to hand combat skills as opposed to his devil fruit. The last thing he wanted was to draw attention to himself as a criminal with an ash devil fruit.

As he removed his hand from Marla's Colton took care to mention, "A mask might be a good idea too.I'm not looking to get a bounty on my head."

Hoping she'd not only agree to these terms but also have something half decent Colton finished off his drink and slid the two empty glasses aside.

"I'm on holiday so I figure a nice way to spend it is learning to play guitar in the sun. you not think?" he questioned with a lazy half smile on his face.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 14th 2018, 23:08

Phew. he nodded to her, seems he didn't notice and call her out on her perfectly told lie. Good. She still had to make sure he could be trusted, that's why she added the favour into the mix, if he were actually a cipher pol spy, then he'd have to let her go should he go and arrest her or something. Did cipher pols even have marine powers? Oh well, he probably wasn't, but then again, he DOES have a devil fruit. He reached out his hand to her. A deal with the devil. Or a devil. A very low ranking one. Then again, in the criminal underworld, even a million bounty was either impressive or stupid, as they'd have to be pirate level to get it, and have been caught doing so.

She reached out also, shaking his hand. "Then we have a deal! I'll find you a.. Good looking acoustic guitar, and you protect and owe me a favour." She says. This was good, it meant she didn't have to pay the Thief's Bazzar protection racket, and could use the free protected service. Anyone who wanted to try anything funny would know they'd have to get through this.. Scrawny.. Guy. ..At least she could run away and use him as a throwaway if they get into trouble. "Only stupid criminals get bounties, ---I'm not a criminal.--- But if it makes you feel better, then sure." She said, getting up also.

She probably had to help pay for the drinks, at least a little bit. But it was a small price to pay to have someone with a devil fruit watching her back, even if she had one herself. Why couldn't she get a devilfruit that let her run away? Or the darn IQ fruit? She wanted that so badly, and yet all she can do is sparkle and be invincible now. "Uh-huh, sure." She said absent-mindedly as she aimed to walk off in a direction, toward her hidden stockpile of items, which'd be located in the Thieves Bazzar. Luckily the bar they'd visited had a subtle guide on how to find it, which revitalised her memory. Perfect. She looked around. Johnny Fingers was looking at her funny. Why was that? Because she shooed him off? She couldn't quite remember. Either way, she walked toward the alleyways once again. "So, how strong are you, and what can you do?" She'd ask once they were away from prying ears.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 14th 2018, 23:19

The feel of Marla's moist hands from the condensation on the drink and the heat rubbed off on Colton's hand which he then rubbed on his trousers. Marla was happy with the deal and as she spoke about not being a crook and finding him a good acoustic guitar Colton grinned. Watching her get up and pass a glance to someone who was looking at her in a funny way Colton turned his attention to the man in the trench coat and heard him say something about an arms deal with the crook Colton was able to name.

Tossing this information somewhere to the back of his mind Colton followed Marla as she led the way to the stockpile. Making conversation with him Colton heard he ask what he was capable of. He didn't want to give too much away but he would give her a rough idea of just what he could really pull off.

"I might not look like much, but I can handle myself."

As the two headed down a street Colton passed another glance back at the man in the trench coat who this time seemed to be gazing back at him whilst speaking to the crook. Snatching away quickly and returning to the route he had to follow.

What Colton didn't notice however was the signal that the man in the trench coat made with his hand.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 15th 2018, 12:41

The feel of Colton's moist hands from the condensation on the drink and the heat rubbed off on Mishi's hand which she then rubbed on her trousers. Colton was happy with the deal, and as he listened about her not being a cook and her finding an acoustic guitar, Colton had grinned. Seems he was happy with the deal too. He could just literally be a bodyguard and thus render her favour mostly moot unless they find themselves on opposite sides, but hey, you gotta make bets in this kinda industry.

Walking out of the bar, she led him across a series of turns in the winding alleyway, actually pretty hard to remember, mostly. Sometimes it just felt like they were going in circles. Soon, however, they'd come across a small little archway. "Alright, just gotta.." Mishi begins, before jumping as someone shouted:

"OI! Hasimoh! Ya' ripped me off ya' bitch! That teacup was worth half a million beli, not twenty thousand!"

It was Johnny Fingers. Mishi then gained a sprout of clarity. The red Teacup. Brought it for twenty thousand Beli, sold it for six hundred thousand to some noble. Red socketed gems she claimed were fake, special red clay from the Isle of Artifice, fairly rare, not in the best shape, but usable and beautiful all things considered. How'd Johnny Fingers figure out its true potential? She sweatdropped. "U-Uh, you can handle yourself, right?" Mishi asks Colton, aiming to place her hands on his shoulders, then move him between her and Johnny Fingers, who'd draw a knife. He wasn't the most muscular sort, looked like he was more of a pickpocket thief type than a hired muscle. Buzzcut, sunglasses, sunburnt, looked like a hick.

"Hiding behind some kid, eh? Can't run to the bazaar trailing heat." He grins nastily, before leaping forward, aiming to shank whoever was in his way. He wasn't particularly strong or fast, but he did have a knife.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 15th 2018, 13:22

The twists and turns of the alley were confusing and Colton had to admit after the first three he wouldn't be able to make it back out if he were alone. Thankfully he had Marla to help him find his way through them. Making sure to keep her in sight Colton followed closely like a toddler scared of losing mummy. Sure he could float above in his ash form but he was on holiday.

ON HOLIDAY! it was bizarre how much he was having to keep telling himself this. You'd think on holiday would mean just enjoying yourself but apparently not. Or was this enjoying himself?

Colton was snapped out of his daze by the tough sounding voice coming from behind him. Hasimoh? Who? Raising an eyebrow as a man who looked like a hick called out. Colton pointed to himself curiously. If the guy were trying to catch his attention he'd been successful but for the wrong reasons.

Watching as the man removed a blade Colton turned to look at Marla.

Had someone been lying about their name?

Shrugging the false name off which he'd already suspected but wasn't entirely bothered by Colton noticed how Marla positioned Colton between herself and the hick. Nodding as she asked if he could handle himself Colton turned back around and knelt down to untie his shoe laces.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 16th 2018, 11:35

Okay, he used her surname, that's good. She can just say the truth; it's her secondary name. As he turned around to look at her, she shrugged. "It's my secondary name, now protect me!" Mishi said, awaiting Colton's fight with the thief. He dropped to his knees to tie his shoelaces, leaving Mishi vulnerable to the leaping lunge the man had begun. She sweatdropped, facefaulting as she leaped out of the way, and the man most likely lost his balance after his legs hit Colton, falling on the floor.

"SERIOUSLY?!" Mishi called out to Colton, sprayed against the brick wall. Now wasn't the time to tie his shoelaces. She was starting to regret her deal, if that was his idea of protecting. How'd he even keep his job? She patted herself down. No scratches, no stab wounds, she was all good. She turned around to see Johnny struggling to get up. "Argh! Stupid kid!" He'd grumble, takign the time to get back up before swinging his knife toward Colton's facial area.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 16th 2018, 16:17

Feeling the man who'd come for Marla hit into him Colton hadn't been planning this, but he shrugged as this seemed to have worked pretty nicely. He'd admit it was part of his plan, but regardless as long as Marla was protected did it really matter. The sound of him hitting the ground was music to his ears followed by the shriek of frustration from Marla in which she moaned about how he'd not really protected her.

Gripping his boot which no longer had a tight grip on his foot Colton stood up quickly turning around with the boot's laces in hand. Swinging it in his hand like a true martial artist handling his tools of the trade.

Watching as the crook known as Johnny Fingers got to his feet Colton swung the heel towards Johnny's head from behind only to then follow through with another strike to the side of his face with the same boot heel.

"Seriously." he responded to Marla with an expression as cool as a cucumber and laid back as horse on tranquilliser.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum