One Piece Rise and Fall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO ONE PIECE: RISE & FALL

Greetings & welcome to One Piece Rise & Fall a place to climb to the top, make friends & sail the sea. You can take whichever path you choose from a life of justice to a life of piracy and anything in between. Have fun upon the deadly seas that await your arrival!
One Piece Rise & Fall News
New Site Design The site has had an upgrade in appearance please let us know of any glitches or problems you might discover due to the new design in the thread linked below! Linked Thread
Music Box

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 71 on May 15th 2019, 14:04

[FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas

2 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas - Page 4 Empty Re: [FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas

Post by Deviant March 16th 2018, 16:17

Feeling the man who'd come for Marla hit into him Colton hadn't been planning this, but he shrugged as this seemed to have worked pretty nicely. He'd admit it was part of his plan, but regardless as long as Marla was protected did it really matter. The sound of him hitting the ground was music to his ears followed by the shriek of frustration from Marla in which she moaned about how he'd not really protected her.

Gripping his boot which no longer had a tight grip on his foot Colton stood up quickly turning around with the boot's laces in hand. Swinging it in his hand like a true martial artist handling his tools of the trade.

Watching as the crook known as Johnny Fingers got to his feet Colton swung the heel towards Johnny's head from behind only to then follow through with another strike to the side of his face with the same boot heel.

"Seriously." he responded to Marla with an expression as cool as a cucumber and laid back as horse on tranquilliser.

Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

https://onepieceriseandfall.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 17th 2018, 23:37

Mishi peeled her face from the wall, checking her nose. It wasn't broken, but it was bleeding. She huffed in pain and annoyance. "Ugh! I'm bleeding!" She says, turning around furiously to watch Colton deal with Johnny Fingers. Johnny got up, sneering at Marla before finding a boot heel to the back of his face, grunting a curse before the heel also smacked into the side of his face, sending him reeling into the side- and into Mishi. her chest to be exact.

Mishi, much like a person would if a spider landed on her, let out a very girly squeak as she placed both hands onto Johnny's shoulders, and launching him backward, sending him flying into the opposite wall. He gets smacked into it, breaking his glasses as he spits a small amount of blood (most likely due to biting his cheek via Colton's shoe-fu), and thus falls onto the floor, unconscious. An imprint of his body on the wall behind him. Mishi sweatdrops at her own strength. "..Uh.. Th-.. That wasn't protecting! He almost stabbed me!" Mishi says, frowning at Colton as she leaned over to him, frowning. "Then you just push him into me, what the heck?" She continues, before huffing. "But fine, since this is a clear risk to me, I'm going to have to up the price to two favours and your services, rather than one." She says, putting up two fingers in the "V" sign for emphasis.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 18th 2018, 12:35

Watching Johnny flounder around like a sack of potatoes landing against Marla then slamming into the wall Colton raised an eyebrow as he was surprised his strength was enough to send him flying as far as he went. But watching Marla squeal made him smirk. It was funny to look at along with the blood trailing from Marla's nose. She complained about not being protected to which Colton rolled his eyes lazily. He understood what she meant, but at least the guy hadn't impaled her and the worst she had was a bleeding nose. It could've been worse.

Far worse.

She then went on to mention how due to how hazardous things were seeming she would have to up the price and she declared she would need two favours from Colton to which he nodded happily. He didn't see much of a problem with this. If she really wanted him for a second job he'd happily oblige. Least it would give him something to do. He needed something to take his mind off the man in the trench coat and the feeling that eyes were watching him.

Looking over his shoulder Colton couldn't see anything or anyone but he didn't feel entirely safe. Remaining cautious Colton opened his mouth to talk.

"Okay, lets get going then."

Hoping this would get them back on track Colton relaxed his fists and slipped his boot back over his foot the laces of which he quickly started tying up ready to head onwards.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 18th 2018, 14:17

Mishi sighed as she rubbed her forehead. Johnny was never really much of a threat, he lived up to his name Fingers, but it wasn't something like "The Fist", most of his weight came from when he wasn't on the job, where he wore thick clothing to make him seem stronger than he really was. Not to mention he was hecking stupid. Even Mishi could've defeate- oh, well, she did. But not after feeling somewhat violated by having him land on her. Colton'd better get good. Why didn't he use his devil fruit powers? Colton rolled his eyes, which annoyed her a fair bit, but at least he accepted her two favour fee. Not including the service he's giving her now.
-
She reached up with a handkerchief and wiped her nose. It wasn't broken, her initial assessment being correct, but it still hurt a little. "Anyway." She huffs, looking over the archway. "This way." She says, moving into it, it was rather small, so they'd both probably have to lean down a little. Before them was a tunnel. She'd move somewhat quickly, it soon becoming dark, before she'd stop abruptly, tapping on perhaps a door. "Sunpink Lightbrink Heartsink." She'd murmur, apparently it being a code. She'd then reach backward for Colton's head, aiming to pat it down so they were more into a squatting position.
-
The ceiling above them gave way, most likely banging into Colton's head if he were too slow in loweirng his head. Light shone forth as a ladder was brought down. Mishi'd reach out and start climbing, looking back to give Colton a look that he should do the same. Upon reaching the top, she'd clamber up, hufing as she patted dust from herself, then looking around. It was, much to its namesake, a Thieves Bazaar, an enclosed area with many stalls, shops of all kinds and so forth. However, what took it apart from the main one was its denizens and the products. What wasn't outright illegal was most likely shadily gained, the people looked almost just as shady, perhaps due to the lighting, even Mishi gained a shaded face, most likely Colton too if he could see it. "Right.. Next stop, the stockpile, see anything you like here, though?" She asks Colton once he got up.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 19th 2018, 11:38

Following Marla as she'd instructed Colton watched as she gained access to a totally legal thieves bazaar. Climbing up the ladder with Marla Colton's eyes widened. He'd keep this place in mind should he ever return on the clock. Maybe he'd keep it a secret to himself or maybe he'd expose them. Either way he was on holiday so such thoughts shouldn't be crossing his mind.

Looking towards Marla with a cheeky grin Colton heard Marla speak about heading to the stock pile and if there was anything he liked the look of. In response he opened up.

"Totally legal market right?"

Following Marla towards her stockpile Colton took great care in looking at the stores around him and keeping his hands in his pockets to deter any would be crooks from snatching things up from his hands. The last thing he needed was to lose anything he might have on him.

However the two were being followed. But it was something so obvious. The man in the trench coat had signalled for one of his many underlings to follow the two and was a well known trader within the thieve's bazaar.

Watching as Colton & Marla made their way towards her stock pile the underling paused in the large open market place. He would wait for the two to return with a great force behind him.

Jericho Dargon the brute with a total of 17 confirmed kills.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 19th 2018, 12:56

Mishi's face began to blush. "I-I never said this place was legal! I deal in C-COMPLETELY LEGAL GOODS!" She then turned away from him. Another smooth explanation. She thought to herself. Alright, on the left there was a guitar that was most likely cheap and usable, but it was a plug-in, so she guessed Colton wouldn't like that one. Acoustic on the right, but it looked just a little bit more expensive than she'd want to buy for Colton. Another Guitar on the left, but that one looked banged up, doubt Colton'd want that. There was a banjo on the far left, maybe...? Either way, guess she should get moving.

She started moving to the stockpile, and her danger sense began to tingle. Her sensey sense that sensed danger when she sensed business that was.. Sensey. Usually she'd act on it, but this time she had Colton, even if he was a little bit.. Strange in his protecitng of her. They moved into a warehouse-looking building. "Uh.." She began, glancing at Colton to the man in charge of the stockpile. She leaned forward a little to his ear. "Mishi Hasimoh." She whispered. He then nodded.

"Section Eight." He said, taking a moment to sort out the keys, then giving it to her. "Room Five." He continued. Mishi nodded, then beckoned Colton to follow. They'd have a bit of a way to go, walking up a few stairs, having to enter an elevator that was probably made for one person, due to the others being used, thus being al ittle cramped. They eventually found Room Five. "Right.." She murmurs, unlocking the door and entering. It was a stereotypical garage with sacks lined up, most likely her wares. She bent over reach of them, opening and rummaging, before eventually, an "Ah-ha!" came, producing a red and yellow acoustic guitar. "Used but still in good condition, you'll have to tune it yourself, though." She says, handing it over to him.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 19th 2018, 14:52

A flabbergasted Marla burst out with an explanation about her dealings and the place they were in. Colton didn't really care, but he seemed to enjoy irritating her for the time being. It made him laugh quite a bit. As Marla entered a large warehouse and set about speaking to a man about her stockpile Colton watched as the two conversed.

He listened intently as the man mentioned which section & room. Watching Marla as she led the way Colton followed. The guitars he'd seen before hand had been of no interest to him. The plug in guitar was ugly and nothing like what he was looking for. The Acoustic guitar was nice but would've given off the wrong vibe. It looked a little too feminine. Even if it was professionally made from some beautiful materials. It was just a shame about the colour. As for the other guitar, it was definitely beat up. The neck was broken in half and the banjo. Well nuff said.

It was a banjo.

He'd never really been a fan of the banjo or even thought about playing one. They always sort of annoyed him a little. Reaching Marla's stockroom Colton watched as she rummaged through her stock of many many different goods.

As Marla offered Colton an acoustic guitar with a red and yellow pattern over it he quickly snatched it from her hand and gave it a loud strum which sounded ghastly due to the large lack of tuning.

A small smile creeped over Colton's face. Raising his head and looking towards Marla Colton had one question.

"Got a strap for it?"
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 19th 2018, 18:55

Well, Colton looked pleased. She diddn't really care for instruments herself, so she wasn't sure how undertuned it was. She got a flash of memory, she got the instrument from a guy who'd robbed a guitar shop, Five thousand beli, barely even a net loss, and worth the services of a logia as her protector. In fact.. Actually, she got it from Johnny Fingers himself, huh. Whata coincidence. But now she was safe, only business among thieves was allowed in the Thieves Bazaar, even if- oh.. Wait. She didn't buy this protective service this time. Oh well, as long as she had Logia-Boy with her, she should be fine. So long as he stops ducking daggers.

He then asked for a strap. Oh, right. She turned and bent over again. Well, Colton looked pleased about his new aquisition.  Only time would tell if she would be too. She took out a guitar case, Johnny literally just stole the entire thing, buuut that was a year or two ago, no one would notice it. Inside would be all of the essentials to taking care of their guitar, including a strap both for the guitar and the case. "Like this, right?" She'd ask, handing it over to him, before turning around again. "Alright.. What to take.. What to take.." She murmured, before taking a large sack off to the right, and another one to the left. "Carry this." She'd say, handing it over to him. It wouldn't be.. TOO heavy, but it did have some stuff in it. "I've upheld my deal, now it's your turn, time to start selling." She'd say, before aiming to march out of the room and lock it once Colton left, then make their way out and back to the district.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 20th 2018, 22:22

Grateful for not just the guitar but the strap Colton slipped it on over the guitar and gave it a quick few more strums of a ghastly nature before placing it over his back allowing the guitar to hang from his back. It was a perfect fit and despite not being anything like his old guitar he still liked it, even the strap which looked like a retro comic book strip with white boarders and vibrant colourful panels.

"Y'know this hardly holds a flame to my old guitar, but I like it. The two compliment each other well. Thanks Mishi."

Colton had read the lips of the man who'd directed the two when they arrived and he knew that Marla had been lying about her name this entire time. Not that it bothered him really. As Mishi handed him a sack to carry Colton tested the weight. This wasn't light, but he should manage.

As Mishi spoke about upholding the deal he nodded and replied to her.

"Right you are. Lead the way and we'll get straight to it. Don't worry this time I'm try my best to keep you safe from clumsy crooks who can't see what's in front of them."

Hoisting the sack over her shoulder Colton gripped it tightly.

It was time to get selling!
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 21st 2018, 11:28

Once again he strummed the instrument, her finely tuned yet non-musically inclined ears didn’t really feel much or anything toward it. Well, it was musical, so it felt like music. It was okay. It looked like Colton was happy with it, though. So that meant a happy customer. Oh, and also a free bodyguard, which was good. She might even give him a small (read: small) cut of the earnings she made today. She flicked out her ledger and ticked off the guitar. Alright, she also added Colton’s name to the ledger as well as him owing two favours. Perfect. Good day, looks like she’ll be making a profit today. She nodded absent-mindedly to him speaking, only to face-fault as she heard her name, turning to him in surprise.

T-THAT’S NOT..” She began, but it didn’t look like he was doing anything with the knowledge, he’d even picked up the sack of goodies she had, alright. Guess he wasn’t a government agent or marine after all. “Uffh.. Fine, since you know, yes, my name’s Mishi Hasimoh, and I’m a fence. If you actually PROTECT me this time, I may even give you a cut of my earnings, but you still owe me two favours!” She says, holding up two fingers, then aiming to stomp off out of the room, allowing Colton to leave before locking and shutting the door.

Alright, it was time to leave the warehouse. She moved along the route back, except they got a decently spaced elevator this time. Mishi didn’t really have any trouble with the sack, though she was sure she gave the lighter one to Colton. She gave the keys back to the guy, then moved to walk outside. She may not have the protections badge, but still, no one’s stupid enough to attack a FENCE in broad daylight, maybe rob yes, but now she had a bodyguard. That’s 50,000 beli saved.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum