One Piece Rise and Fall
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO ONE PIECE: RISE & FALL

Greetings & welcome to One Piece Rise & Fall a place to climb to the top, make friends & sail the sea. You can take whichever path you choose from a life of justice to a life of piracy and anything in between. Have fun upon the deadly seas that await your arrival!
One Piece Rise & Fall News
New Site Design The site has had an upgrade in appearance please let us know of any glitches or problems you might discover due to the new design in the thread linked below! Linked Thread
Music Box

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 71 on May 15th 2019, 14:04

[FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas - Page 5 Empty Re: [FLASHBACK ]Burning Canvas

Post by Vaetric March 21st 2018, 11:28

Once again he strummed the instrument, her finely tuned yet non-musically inclined ears didn’t really feel much or anything toward it. Well, it was musical, so it felt like music. It was okay. It looked like Colton was happy with it, though. So that meant a happy customer. Oh, and also a free bodyguard, which was good. She might even give him a small (read: small) cut of the earnings she made today. She flicked out her ledger and ticked off the guitar. Alright, she also added Colton’s name to the ledger as well as him owing two favours. Perfect. Good day, looks like she’ll be making a profit today. She nodded absent-mindedly to him speaking, only to face-fault as she heard her name, turning to him in surprise.

T-THAT’S NOT..” She began, but it didn’t look like he was doing anything with the knowledge, he’d even picked up the sack of goodies she had, alright. Guess he wasn’t a government agent or marine after all. “Uffh.. Fine, since you know, yes, my name’s Mishi Hasimoh, and I’m a fence. If you actually PROTECT me this time, I may even give you a cut of my earnings, but you still owe me two favours!” She says, holding up two fingers, then aiming to stomp off out of the room, allowing Colton to leave before locking and shutting the door.

Alright, it was time to leave the warehouse. She moved along the route back, except they got a decently spaced elevator this time. Mishi didn’t really have any trouble with the sack, though she was sure she gave the lighter one to Colton. She gave the keys back to the guy, then moved to walk outside. She may not have the protections badge, but still, no one’s stupid enough to attack a FENCE in broad daylight, maybe rob yes, but now she had a bodyguard. That’s 50,000 beli saved.

Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 21st 2018, 22:35

Agreeing to the protection job and watching how Mishi admitted how her name was indeed Mishi and not the aforementioned Marla who Colton had questioned asking on a date, Colton rolled his eyes slightly with a smile. He wasn't a big an idiot as people seemed to think. He was just lazy. It was partly why his epithet was what it was. He had serious powers thanks to his devil fruit, it was just a shame that allot of marine work too too much energy. Even with fruit powers. 

Following after Mishi whilst lugging around her sack of goods Colton watched as she handed the stock room key back and the two of them made for the entrance once more. However something would happen that neither were ready for. 

"MISTER RYKER!" a voice called out booming into the air of which echoed around from all the surrounding walls. This sent small shivers down Colton's spine. 

Who the hell knew his name?

Very quickly at the sheer mention of his surname three men stepped forward scattered spots around the stall. Each armed with a blade of sorts they looked towards Colton & Mishi. By the looks of it someone had a bone to pick with Colton & possibly Mishi too. 

Would this count as one of the two protection jobs if he protected her from a threat brought on by himself?
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

https://onepieceriseandfall.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 22nd 2018, 00:28

Mishi narroed her eyes at Colton rolling his and smiling. Did he know all along, or did he just figure out now? Guess she had to hope he kept to his deals. She turned around and continued walking out of the warehouse. If worse comes to worse, she would have to hope her devil fruit matched his in terms of escaping things. She didn't have any seastone, either, which was annoying. She'd have to get that sometime, maybe a glove which has the palm made out of it, perhaps?

Anyway, they were almost out. Then they'd just have to set up a stall. She jumped as a voice boomed out, something about Mister Ryker. Well, hopefully that didn't mean either of them, she definitely wasn't "Mister" Ryker. She whistled innocently as she moved to go about her business, only to find they were staring at them. She began to sweat a little as three men had stepped forward. "H-Hey hey! You can't just.." She began, only to remember she hadn't paid the protection toll. They were on their own unless one of their muggers broke something. Crap.

She glanced at Colton. So, his first or second name was Ryker? Ryker, Colton? Or Colton, Ryker? "-..Just mug someone here, in broad daylight, here of all places! There are codes even among thieves!" She complained, willing her hand to turn into sticky Mochi, moving it up (albeit obscured by her sleeve) to protect her head and chest, glancing at them warily from the side of her sleeve.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 23rd 2018, 00:48

As Mishi spoke up Colton could feel his heartbeat had increased a little as the situation seemed to growing a little more tense. As Mishi spoke about not being able to mug someone in plain day Colton he took a moment to try and figure this situation out himself but he didn't recognise the man speaking or any of the three men with firearms.

"Who the hell are you?" Colton asked out loud curiously wondering what he'd done so wrong that his name needed to be mentioned out loud. He was just hoping that whatever it was his identity wasn't at risk. He was on holiday so the last thing he wanted was to find himself working as a Marine again till he got back off his holiday.

"Who I am is of no concern to you. However my employer, he don't like you. In fact he really don't like you Seaman Ryker!"

As the words left his mouth Colton gulped. The last thing he needed was his rank to be mentioned out loud. Clenching his fists tightly Colton replied.

"And just who is your employer?"

"Raymond Shultz, the bandit king. After what your Captain did to him, he wants revenge, so you're coming with me."

Looking at the gun men and his current surroundings Colton tried to figure out the best way to remove the firearms from the hands of the men before him. Without using his devil fruit he would struggle.

Serpent Spit II

Unleashing three quick shots of ash which would carry over a long distance Colton released a single shot towards each gunman in the hopes of disarming them allowing him the chance to attack close range.

Each firearm soon hit the ground as the gunmen screamed with their hands being burnt by the volcanic ash.

Taking advantage of the opportunity Colton sped towards the gunmen turning from physical form to volcanic ash using his ash form to weave in and out of the gunmen between them leaving a thick ash like trial which he would grip them with. Forming into his physical form after weaving past them Colton turned the stream he'd left into a large hand and tightened his grip crushing the men together.

Looking towards the man who spoke up earlier Colton sighed.

"Quite the marine Mr Ryker" the man mentioned as he watched how he'd single handedly taken out his men. Reaching for his pack of cigarettes the man slipped on between his lips and lit it with his lighter. "I see why your captain was happy to have you on board."

"Look, I'm not out here on official marine business right now so let us just leave things as they are. I will let these guys go, you go your way and I go my way and we can resume this when I'm back on duty. Sound fair?"
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Location : 0/3 Tall, Dark & Handsome Well I'm none of the 3, but I'll settle for Charming

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 23rd 2018, 10:45

Mishi began to sweat as she noticed the firearms, hiding behind her mochi arm for dear life. Maybe it’d save her, maybe it wouldn’t. It probably stretch and stop the bullets at least a little.. Right? Depended on how quick their triggerfingers were. She began to sweat even more as she heard the man title Colton. Seaman. Seaman Recruit? Marine? Was Colton a marine? She began to slowly edge away from Colton, mouthing to passersby and the hooligans. “I’m not with him!” This was bad. If Colton was really a marine, or even the insinuation that he was Marine, she could get into big trouble for bringing him here.

She caught the mention of a big name, Raymond Shultz. Bandit King. Not good, not good at all. She could lose her neutrality as a fence, and be hated by both outlaws and Marines alike. She had to pick a side soon. Well, she could ferry the approval of the Bandit King, even if it weren’t true and he just had a big ego, his name should have some weight. But Colton had a logia, which these outlaws were absolutely unfit to counter. She doubted there wasn’t at least a speck of seastone, but if she used it she’d get weakened too.

The fight started, Colton began using his devil fruit powers, burning a few people’s arms then turning into a blur of the ash-like substance. She smelt burning, tough not of cooking meat, so that was fine. The outlaw insinuated he was a Marine again, then Colton actually confirmed it. On Marine business. Was he a setup? Did he actually expect to be allowed to leave now that he’s a known Marine? “H-He tricked me! I don’t know him!” She said, pointing at Colton, before running over to pick up the other sack he dropped. She turned, only to see the glaring eyes of Protective Customs bearing down at her. She began to sweat mochi.

Mishi Hasimoh, you let a MARINE down here..?” A deep voice of a muscular man sounded out. Chief Brygan, boss of Protective Customs. Nonononono. She shook her head. “H-He didn’t tell me! He didn’t even look like one, look at him!” She pointed at him again. Brygan’s eyes shifted toward Colton, then down at Mishi. “Regardless.. He probably has reinforcements.. We’ll have to move shop, that’s expensive..” He murmured as he took a grip of her hair, causing her to yelp in pain as he lifted her up. Dropping her sacks of goodies. “..Maybe we should make use of that seven and a half million bounty..?
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 24th 2018, 00:52

"And just why would I agree to that?" the man blurted out reaching for a weapon of his own. "I'm more than capable taking down a fool like you."

Colton could hear voices behind him and how the tide had begun turning. Things were getting dangerous for him and Mishi. Not only was this a dangerous place for a marine, but for Mishi who'd brought him here.

Raising the gumen who were in his grasp above his head and spinning them around quickly Colton unleashed them allowing them to be fired towards the man who'd called him out as a marine. Sending the three men towards him Colton turned to look for Mishi.

It seemed they already had hold of her and were ready to gain what they could from Mishi's bounty. Even though the marine code was to allow the crooks to turn themselves in and even pose to capture the others Colton could see how she was raised up by her hair.

Serpent Spit II

Firing out a projectile of ash towards Mishi's hair Colton attempted to burn his way through her hair releasing her from the grip of Brygan's grip.

"Leave her alone" he said in a raised tone to suddenly feel a striking pain in his lower abdomen on the left side. Grunting in pain which was probably the most effort he'd put in this entire day so far was exhausting.

Lowering his gaze Colton's eyes feel upon a weapon. Gulping Colton slowly came to the realisation that he'd been stabbed and it hurt like hell. It wasn't often things like this happened, but when blood begun to form Colton understood this wasn't just an ordinary sword.

Falling forwards off the tip of the sword Colton hit the ground landing on his knees.

"Just because your a logia, doesn't mean you can escape harm's way boy. There are some of us out these who know how to hurt a guy like you."

Sea Stone? Colton thought to himself as blood continued oozing from his wound. Falling forward on to his hands Colton was beginning to feel indispose and by the looks of it was about to have an end put to himself as well.

"You have one choice Mr Ryker, join me and take me to your boss or I'll kill you here and now and call him myself."
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 24th 2018, 01:18

Mishi smelt a smell that smelt burnt. It wasn't like before, but she was too busy feeling her hair being pulled to notice where it came from. Until the pain sotpped, and she flopped onto her backside. "Ow! Hey, what the.." She began, confused, though feeling an immense heat from her head. Was she on fire? She patted it down. Her hair had been severed. And burnt.

"Pfhafafafafa! That's a good look for you, traitor! Brygan chortled as he reached down to grab her again. She shuffled away from him, then reaching for her hair to notice several burnt strands. She flipped out a pocket mirror from her sack. She looked rediculous! "I.. What.. Who..?" She asked, breathing heavily. She liked her hair. It wasn't a berserk button of hers for it to be messed with, but now she'd have to cut it short. Go to the barbers to get it fixed. That'd cost money. Colton was costing her even more money. Colton had the embers fruit. he did it. "COOOOLTOOOON! I HAAAATE YOOOU!" She screeched, before getting up to send a solid punch to Brygan's stomach, causing him to double over in pain.

"And you're not allowed to die here 'cause I'll kill you dead!" She huffed, it seemed her grand line strength really was pretty useful in the blues, people were weaklings here. Except in other places, but still. Either way, they had to get the heck out of here, actually... She looked at her hand, it was sticky. She reached backward, before pushing it forward. It moved around two feet before stopping. It was stretchy too. That gave her an idea.. "Ryker, if you have any kind of brain in you, do what also shares the name of a certain kind of avian that tend to swim in ponds!" She didn't really want to help him. But maybe helping him'd clear some of her bounty, or something. Her reputation here was already ruined, and she didn't want to kill everyone so there'd be no witnesses. It'd only be a matter of time until she was wanted among criminals and the Navy, where else could she go?

She began to spin around, and her mochi stretched further. Around and around she went, until eventually, it stretched to encompass the entirety of the clearing of the Bazaar, as she hoped to catch criminals, stalls and whatever she could catch into her sticky dessert. "Mochi Mochi: Whirlwind!" She thought on the spot.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 24th 2018, 20:16

Mishi seemed to be displeased with Colton's approach to his reaction and it was understandable, but he was hired to keep her safe and he agreed on those terms too. Hearing the laughter of a gentleman who laughed at her hair Colton realised he'd fucked things up for Mishi here and her stock would most likely be lost. Not that there was anything the two of them could do now. Cursing in his head Colton could feel his body throbbing in agony from the blade which had pierced him as the blood drained from his gut.

The sounds of Mishi's voice screaming about how much she hated him and he wasn't allowed to die went in one ear and straight out the other, he was barely in the right mind and as she spoke next Colton couldn't fully comprehend what was fully going on due to the sudden shock of the sharp pain which had struck him. Raising his head slowly he was seen to be on the end of an attack coming from Mishi.

Mochi Mochi: Whirlwind

As her arm spun wildly around in a whirlwind fashion. Beginning to knock over people and stalls among other things Colton watched as one of her arms shot through him in his logia state.At most she'd have received a small burn over her arm. But this whirlwind wouldn't continue or go much further as the man who'd stabbed Colton raised his cutlass with such force and speed along with a nice little armament imbuing in an attempt to chop cleanly through Mishi's arm.

Colton understood this situation wasn't going to get better and he needed to do something, the question however was what as he'd never really done well against people with Haki and probably never would.

"WHAT'S IT GONNA BE MISTER RYKER" the voice called out to Colton as his brain begun calculating.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaetric March 25th 2018, 12:10

Mishi felt a little warmth as her mochi passed through Colton's body. Oh yeah, he was a logia, but at least it seemed her arm was invincible like his in her Mochi state. Or, as invincible as one can get, she reigned down her actual arm and replaced it with the generated mochi. She could feel it tightening around her arm, she knew the moment she stopped, either the mochi came to her, or she came to the mochi. Suddenly, she felt the Mochi stop, and she let go of it entirely.

She looked over to see the man who, really, was responsible for her woes, the man who called Colton a Marine, had slashed against her mochi. However, although it seemed to somehow cut through her Mochi, the consistency and thickness of the Mochi may simply stop the blade halfway through, sticking to the blade like glue. If she hadn't let go, though, she could've been seriously injured, maybe. The rest of the mochi began to travel toward the servant of the bandit king like a piece of elastic, most likely to cause a fair amount of whiplash as well as sticking to him.

Mishi let out a breather, okay, she could do thi- She suddenly felt a large weight above her as a stall that had been dragged along with her Mochi fell on her, collapsing under its weight. "D-Dammit!" She yelped. By the end of it, nothing felt broken, but she was going to get some bruises in the morning. Ouchie. On top of that, she glanced to her right mochi-hand and noticed she was missing a hand. "AIEEE-oh.." She began, only to blink as it grew back by reflex, wiggling her fingers. Well, fighting was obviously out of the question.
Vaetric
Vaetric

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviant March 25th 2018, 12:45

Hearing the screams and destruction around him, Colton took a deep breath. He could see how Mishi was hurt because of his actions and the man who'd called him out as a marine. The stalls were falling the underworld that he'd been invited to was becoming little more than a nightmare and the man behind him was like nothing he'd faced off against before.

"I'm not coming with you" Colton muttered much to the man's dismay which only angered him further.

"One of the worst mistakes you ever made" the man muttered as he imbued his cutlass with armaments haki once more. Slicing towards Colton's head horizontally he held a steely grin over his face about to end the life of a lazy little logia user. What he hadn't taken time to notice was the mochi shooting towards him from the attack he halted coming from Mishi. As the Mochi slammed into him the man was winded a little which only gave Colton a little more time to put some form of a plan into action if he had one. The mochi was horrendously sticky and would make things a little more difficult in terms of movement for him.

Serpent Shed

Before the blade could reach Colton's neck there was nothing left to slice open. The body of Colton had drifted apart into dozens of little volcanic ashes. These ashes of which drifted into the sky where Colton was beginning to reform midway through his next attack. The man was in surprise at the sight of watching Colton disperse and he grew a little more frustrated which was only expanded upon by the stickiness.

Already seen shooting towards his opponent as an open palm which soon was revealed to be an outstretched hand speeding towards the man's face Colton/s entire arm was seen when it was too late.

Dragon Scorch

Colton's hand fell over the man's face and gripped it tightly. The force he'd used to propel himself into the man knocked him on to his back and Colton begun to pump copious amounts of volcanic ash into the man's body via his facial orifices hoping to put an end to him.

As Colton's body continued to form he watched in frustration as the man still clutching his armament imbued cutlass tried stabbing for him. Using his spare hand Colton to push the hand back down to the ground with the added force of his logia using it to burn the man's wrist in the hopes of burning straight through it.

Realising his strength wasn't enough to fully stop him, Colton increased the heat on the man's arm as it was slowly raising itself from the ground and increased production on the ash entering his body.

There were muffled screams from the man as his insides burnt and the blade was nearing Colton.

"JUST DIE ALREADY" Colton shouted as he pushed himself as hard as he could manage at his current level which was far too much for a holiday.

Feeling his ash on his left hand with nothing any longer in the way he passed a glance towards his left to see he had indeed burnt through the fleshy wrist of the man and his hand had fallen from the arm. In shock Colton sat up stopping his attack on the man.

Looking down over his badly burnt face and pained body Colton felt that this was the end for him and slowly picked himself up clutching the agonising wound on his abdomen. What Colton hadn't taken into consideration when on top of the man was how sticky his hands had become and how the mochi he'd super heated was now like boiling lava. He looked at his own hands to see that the mochi was rock solid over his own hands and searing hot.

Sighing Colton attempted to melt the mochi from his hands.
Deviant
Deviant
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum